Sunday, May 7, 2017

Snow

She's like freshly laid snow
So pure and peaceful
A picture of pristine innocence
A pretty pearly white perfection


Part of me wants to corrupt her beauty
To play in the snow forever
Leaving footprints in her
As I have my fun


Another part of me wants to protect her
To shield her from the feet of children
To keep them from ruining her
And make sure I don't destroy her


She's so fragile and gorgeous
The sleet cutting through her
Like my words on a dark night
After too little sleep and too much to drink


But try as I may, others have found her
They haven't protected her from the rain
They played with her and changed her
Until my love has turned to slush


She finds it hard to be beautiful
When she's the remnants of what was
Once perfect crystalline skin
Is now melted in the park


She goes away awhile
And makes her return as rain
Giving life to new flowers
Now creating beauty


I love the gorgeous rain of spring
And the puddles she leaves behind
But kids keep turning her into mud
And splash her water wide


I'll keep her safe as long as I can
And protect her innocent beauty
Until people decide to play in her
But she's still beautiful to me

No comments:

Post a Comment